Dear members and alumnis,
Time capsule package has been selling around. Do feel free to participate in this meaningful event. Attached please find the things to be put in english as some people preferred in english. Anything to enquire, please do not hesitate to email us or contact us through face book.
Dear members and alumnis, Time capsule package has been selling around. Do feel free to participate in this meaningful event. Below please find the things to be put in english as some people preferred in english.
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTING ITEMS IN A TIME CAPSULE
- Items made of paper (letters, essays, newsprint, magazine, labels etc.) –
try to photostate into the provided alkaline paper). If newspaper articles are selected, photocopy these to paper provided. Do not laminate the paper. Ball pen, pencils are acceptable. Avoid ink/ink pen/felt tip markers as these tend to fade. You can also use laser print or dot matrix printer to print on the provided paper, bubble jet printer is of second choice.
- Photographs – Black and white photographs generally last longer than color ones, and is preferable.
- Toys or tools – avoid objects made of rubble/PVC/Vinyl/PU foam as these deteriorate over time, releasing sulfur that damages other items. Wood items (especially oak) give off acid vapors and should be avoided. If included, these items needs to be separately sealed (try using PE bags).
- Textiles – should be clean and insect free. Generally cotton and polyester are stable, but avoid nylon, silk, wool and hair, as these easily breakdown, and may release sulfur.
- Items representing current technology – may include computer equipment and electronic data media (CD, computer external drive, thumb drives etc). Do not expect data on these medium can be extracted when the time capsule if opened, hence description on the use of the item should be included. ( The things stored at such form will be at owner’s risk, whether it is readable in the future is still unknown)
- No food stuff is allowed, including canned food, freeze dried food etc.
- No explosive materials, chemicals.
- Flowers – should be freeze-dried/pressed.
- Make sure the documents being inserted does not have sellotape, staplers and paper clips as it will damage the alkaline paper provided.
Anything to enquire, please do not hesitate to email us or contact us through face book.